New addition to join my reptile family

If it has a pelvis and spurs, you can post about it here.

View Gallery

New addition to join my reptile family

Postby Mr Jingles » Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:46 pm

My reptile family is gowing rapidly. Thanks to AM Rock-Python I have now a very nice yellow Kenyan Sand boa. She settled in nicely and took a fuzzy on first attempt earlier on. Hehe I named her Daisy and my six year old has claimed her for himself. As soon as she is showing herself again, or if my son comes to visit the weekend I will add a photo. He is the only one that can pick up the snakes, lol they bite me every time my hand goes into the cages. I think he trains them that way :-)
Mr Jingles
SA Reptiles Member

Re: New addition to join my reptile family

Postby Serpent » Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:48 am

Try removing the snake from the cage with a small snake hook, and then putting it onto you hand gently. Its probably biting you because it thinks its being fed, by removing it from it's cage it seems to chill them out a bit. Its first response to something moving in front of it is usually to bite it, once it knows its not being fed it should relax a bit.

Be the pack leader.
Serpent
SA Reptiles Member

Re: New addition to join my reptile family

Postby Mr Jingles » Sat Jul 20, 2013 7:32 pm

Thanks serpent, I try that way. Must admit it became the joke of the house that the snakes bite mommy, but the littelest one (that does not even stay here) can handle them as and when he pleases. They are like putty in his little hands lol. I resigned myself that all they want from me is food. Here is my son with Tootless, I think he will be our snake whisperer hahaha
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mr Jingles
SA Reptiles Member

Return to Pythons and Boas