Zambian Green House Snake cross with albino (Amel) Male

Interspecies breeding and 2 headed snakes are the type of thing that would be discussed here. We are aware that these are controversial issues and some people feel strongly about their opinions on them. Please respect each other's views and keep discussions amicable.

Zambian Green House Snake cross with albino (Amel) Male

Postby Sly » Wed Nov 21, 2007 7:24 am

Hi all, great site.

I have mananged to get my hands on a Green House Snake from Zambia and have cossed it to a Amel. male house from Dbn anybody know what the juvies, will look like in terms of phenotype and geneotype. Can anyone also advise me how to load pictures to this site as i would love to show pictures of the copulation and photo's of the eggs.
Sly
SA Reptiles Member

Postby alexander » Wed Nov 21, 2007 7:34 am

Is there just thing as the green house snake? whats its scientific name?
Life is but a glimpse of triumph amongst incomprehensible failure.
alexander
SA Reptiles Member

Postby froot » Wed Nov 21, 2007 8:06 am

Look here Sly, welcome by the way.
We salute the improvement of the human genome by honoring those who remove themselves from it.
Of necessity, this honor is generally bestowed posthumously. - www.darwinawards.com
froot
Founder Member

Postby Freddy » Wed Nov 21, 2007 8:13 am

Eish sly, why not rather try get a male green house snake, and keep the bloodlines clean. Never heard about a Zambian green housesnake, sounds interesting...
Religion is for those who fear hell,
Spirituality for those who have been through it

Its something unpredictable, but in the end its right, I hope you had the time of your life...
Freddy
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Sly » Wed Nov 21, 2007 9:14 am

Thanks Froot, learning something new every day, now how do i go about resizing these damn pictures they are to big to upload. :D
Sly
SA Reptiles Member

Postby froot » Wed Nov 21, 2007 9:21 am

Open them in ms paint, type ctrl+w and enter resize percentages according to the size of the original. The resized image should measure about 15cm x 15cm. Then save it under an altered name and upload that.
We salute the improvement of the human genome by honoring those who remove themselves from it.
Of necessity, this honor is generally bestowed posthumously. - www.darwinawards.com
froot
Founder Member

Postby Sly » Wed Nov 21, 2007 9:55 am

Copulation of the Zambian Green female with Amel. male :D
Sly
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Bushviper » Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:01 am

I have seen these green ones from Burundi and Rwanda as well. Which species they are is anyones guess till the final papers on them are published.

If anything comes from the breeding of these two species then please do not allow any to escape or get released.
It is easier to ask for forgiveness than permission.

Those who are afraid to ask are ashamed of learning.
Bushviper
Founder Member

Postby Sly » Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:46 am

Yes BV, i'm not to sure of the classification of this green female but i suppose the juvies will tell a story of there own, could be hybrid or maybe even different colour morph of Lam. Ful. I don't know but none will be released at any stage. Also i didn't have a male of the same species to use but have seen them around.
Sly
SA Reptiles Member

Postby mm069 » Wed Nov 21, 2007 3:54 pm

Sly where did you get that green house snake. Looks very cool.
Honestly BV, I doubt that anything will come of this. I have never heard of a hybrid between the two of them. the amiricans would have done this by now if it were that simple...
"I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself." -David Herbert Richards Lawrence
mm069
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Sly » Wed Nov 21, 2007 4:11 pm

I hear you, but no harm in trying i suppose. I honesty believe that House Snakes are the most underated snakes in the world. We have all the resources and stock in Africa in terms of colour morphs and new bloodlines to do something new and different. Why wait on the Americans.

Don't get me wrong i appreciate and respect what breeders like Bob Clark has done with Pythons, and kathy Love has done with Corns and The Sutherlands have done with Ball Pythons.

My grip on things is let a few of our breeders step up to the plate. :shock:
Sly
SA Reptiles Member

Postby mm069 » Wed Nov 21, 2007 6:04 pm

Sly, why not?
Just don't let a hybrid out into the wild, everything will be fine!
So where did you get the green snake? Never seen one before!
"I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself." -David Herbert Richards Lawrence
mm069
SA Reptiles Member

Postby armata » Wed Nov 21, 2007 6:23 pm

Why do it in the first place??
' I get my kicks on Route 62 '
armata
SA Reptiles Honorary Member

Postby jka » Wed Nov 21, 2007 7:38 pm

Beautiful snake, do you have any info about them, I'm sure I read an ad were someone was trying to sell this cross was it you?

Whats your location?
Evolution is an imperfect and often violent process. A battle between what exists, and what is yet to be born.
jka
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Sly » Wed Nov 21, 2007 11:11 pm

I bought this female in Jan 07 and have had her in quarantine for 6 months. I will post pic's of the seven eggs she laid in Oct 07 as they should be hatching in the next 3 weeks.
Sly
SA Reptiles Member

Next

Return to Reptile hybridisation and genetic anomalies