My Afroc Baby

My Afroc Baby

Postby GeneticMorphs » Mon Sep 08, 2008 7:42 pm

This is Madiba, he is 4 months old and doing really well. He is captive bred.
When i first received him he was all Mr Bad Boy, and struck at everything.
Now he is quite placid, lets me handle him 2 times a week without Biting my head off.

Pics when i got him....

And some pics taken Yesterday, 2 months from when i got him...

He feeds on 1 x Rat fluff (defrost) every week. I dont want him to grow too quickly, as long as he is healthy and tame.. im happy.
GENETICMORPHS.COM
1.1.0 X Reticulated Pythons, 1.1.0 X Burmese Pythons, 2.3.0 X Common BCI, 1.1.0 X Suriname Red Tailed Boas(BCC),
1.0.0 X African Rock Python, 0.1.0 X Yellow ratXcorn, 2.3.0 X African House snakes, 1.2.0 X Blood Python (Brongersmai), 1.0.0 X Ball Python.
GeneticMorphs
SA Reptiles Member

Re: My Afroc Baby

Postby Durban Keeper » Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:12 pm

Woa! such a beautiful python! From what I can see in the pics, he is doings great! keep up the good work. Afrocks are one of the coolest pythons in the world!
Life is but a dream for the dead.
Durban Keeper
SA Reptiles Member

Postby jka » Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:27 pm

Just a quick question is that Python natalensis or Python sebae?
And if its Python sebae like I think it is would that still mean its indigenous or does he count as a exotic?
Evolution is an imperfect and often violent process. A battle between what exists, and what is yet to be born.
jka
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Boadicea » Tue Sep 09, 2008 8:21 am

Afrocs are really cool but protected here so we have issues with permits :(. The babies are really cute. I fell in love with them when I saw some in KZN a while back but the whole permit thing put me off. I am always fascinated by their similarities to the Burmese.
"You and I wear the dangerous looseness of doom and find it becoming. Life, for eternal us, is now; and now is much too busy being a little more than everything to seem anything, catastrophic included"- e e cummings
Boadicea
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Bushviper » Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:53 am

Post moved to exotic. These snakes are not indigenous to Southern Africa. (Bushviper)
It is easier to ask for forgiveness than permission.

Those who are afraid to ask are ashamed of learning.
Bushviper
Founder Member

Postby GeneticMorphs » Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:03 am

Thanks guys, He is doing really well and tamed up nicely...
GENETICMORPHS.COM
1.1.0 X Reticulated Pythons, 1.1.0 X Burmese Pythons, 2.3.0 X Common BCI, 1.1.0 X Suriname Red Tailed Boas(BCC),
1.0.0 X African Rock Python, 0.1.0 X Yellow ratXcorn, 2.3.0 X African House snakes, 1.2.0 X Blood Python (Brongersmai), 1.0.0 X Ball Python.
GeneticMorphs
SA Reptiles Member

Postby arcadies » Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:18 pm

p. sabae. the head scales are an easy way to tell the difference
"But I put my life on the line to save animals. " Steve Irwin (1962 -2006)
arcadies
SA Reptiles Member

Postby GeneticMorphs » Fri Sep 12, 2008 1:17 am

Yeah he is a sebae, but that doesnt phase me at all... Im looking into getting myself a pair of Natalensis next year... There are a few around these days...
GENETICMORPHS.COM
GeneticMorphs
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Boa » Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:15 pm

very nice snake! how much did u pay i am new to the site! I love ol boas and pythons
Boa
SA Reptiles member (restricted)

Postby GeneticMorphs » Mon Nov 10, 2008 7:38 pm

Hi there...
I paid £25 for him.... They are very cheap in the UK and are so easy to come by.... It is a shame really, as i think this type of snake should only be made available to peeps with experience or atleast loads of knowledge and the space to keep them forever.... there are so many snakes that end up at rescue centres coz the owners didnt do their homework, or just wanted a big snake....
GENETICMORPHS.COM
GeneticMorphs
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Burmbuddy » Tue Nov 11, 2008 6:25 pm

Great pics man!
You seem to have a nice collection and a fondness for the bigger stuff :twisted:
A man after my own haert...lol
Keep the pics coming!
DAN
Psalms 144:1
Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle.
Burmbuddy
SA Reptiles Member

Postby GeneticMorphs » Thu Nov 13, 2008 2:44 am

Thanks Dan.
Yeah i do like the big snakes.
Before when i was younger and lived in SA, i was into venemous, but since moving to the UK, my love for the big Reps grew... Never ever had that chance back home, neither the choice really... i am very lucky to be here and have the choice and availability of basically any reptile available.
GENETICMORPHS.COM
GeneticMorphs
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Loslappie » Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:06 am

GeneticMorphs wrote:i am very lucky to be here and have the choice and availability of basically any reptile available.

That is what I noticed as well, a rescue centre in the UK gets in all sorts of reptiles people discard, and she has had Monitors, geckos and some big snakes as well.

Very nice Afroc!!
If it hasnt yet, it will!
Loslappie
SA Reptiles Member

Postby snakemanjayd » Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:49 am

Wow, Really cool snake...
So, Where do P. sebae come from?
I thought they were the same, just that natalensis was a sub species.
Or atleast that's what some of my older books say.
What's the deal?
And how do you tell them apart by there head scales, does P. sebae have larger ones, and natalensis have smaller divided ones?
snakemanjayd
SA Reptiles Member

Postby rooikat » Thu Dec 04, 2008 7:57 pm

can anyone help me ,im after a (p.natalensis) and also need to know what the procedures are for getting one of these ...also the other problem i face is that im living in the uk right now ,so how would it go with permits and exports ??

all help would be very apreciated ..
Give me Nature over Human race anytime ..
rooikat
SA Reptiles Member

Next

Return to Natal rock pythons (Python natalensis)