Walk in tarantula store

Walk in tarantula store

Postby Jacquesm » Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:47 pm

Good day

Does any person know of a good walk in store where they sell a variety of tarantulas, I want to add some more slings to my collection, but currently undecided on what type. I would prefer if the store is in around gauteng area.

Thank you
Jacquesm
SA Reptiles Member

Re: Walk in tarantula store

Postby ColinWa » Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:14 am

Mr. Tarantula in Kempton park I find is the best, or you can go to animal kingdom in Pretoria, or Uncle Tarantula in Pretoria but that's a tad far.

EDIT* have a look what http://www.tarantulas.co.za/ have for sale aswell.
"I hold that the more helpless a creature, the more entitled it is to protection by man from the cruelty of man"
ColinWa
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Zane02 » Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:43 am

Uncle Tarantula has a good variety of species but he is very, very, VERY expensive. Same with Animal Kingdom-like most pet shops. If you are undecided on what species, Mr. Tarantula is best because he will show you around and tell you about all the different species.

If you struggle drop me a pm and I can help you with regards to what specie will best suit your needs.
Zane02
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Jacquesm » Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:07 am

Thank you so much for the reply’s has definitely helped a lot. I do currently own 5 T's : 3 x Lasiodora Klugi (Scarlett bird eating) 1 x Hapalopus Formosus (pumpkin patch) and my favourite a Brachypelma Smithi (Mexican red knee). I am not so knowledgeable on the variety of T's there is (due to being a kind of begginer), that is why I mostly like to browse, do some research on the T i like before purchasing any. But will certainly visit all these places mentioned above. If there is any suggestions on what T's are a must for any collection feel free to post. Thank you again.
Jacquesm
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Zane02 » Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:56 pm

Tell us more specifically what you want from a T (eg. beautiful colors,do you want to be able to handle it,do you want a arboreal-,terrestrial- or fossorial T,budget,etc). The more info you give the better I can suggest a T for those needs. There are about 900 different species so we need to narrow it down a bit...
Zane02
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Urucone » Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:28 pm

You can swing by at snicker doodle pet shop in brits or hartebeestpoort dam, We have bolivian red rump, Peruvian flame rump, Mexican red rump, fire leg, Mexican red knee, curlys!!!!100's, giant white knee, salmon pink, Brazilian red and white, feather leg baboon, chevron, indian-, sri - lanken -, salem-, fringed- ornamentals, scarlet bird eater, Mexican true red leg, flame knee, giant blonde, pumpkin patch, Trinidad olive, chillian rose and the red form, orange bandeds, pinktoe (avic avic), green botte blue, chaco golden knee, costarican tiger rump, fire red bird eater, Haitian brown (brown and purple), white stripe, Peruvian blonde, panama blond, Brazilian black and white, blue fang, balfouri, Antilles pinktoe, venezuelen suntiger, golden red rump, pink zebra beauty, this is what quickly come to mind and there is around an average of 5 - 10 of each and in different sizes from slings to adults, I would roughly guess we have around 200 big t's in stock and another 500 ish slings, another 20 breeding females and another 500 ish slings, adding up to 220 ish in big t's and around a 1000 slings, plus side is that I started to breed some of my big females so the prices is affordable, I've bred this year so far bolivian red rumps, giant white knee's, curly hairs that I give away to kids that really want a tarantula and Trinidad olives, I'm waiting for my fire red bird eater and salmon pink female to drop.

Sorry about the add, but Jacquesm asked.
as long as you keep quiet, no one will notice that your dumb
Urucone
SA Reptiles Member

Return to Tarantula keeping