Retic Peeeeee!

Retic Peeeeee!

Postby burmco4 » Mon Jan 03, 2011 6:29 pm

Hey guys,
I don't know if this has been discussed before if it has please point me in the right direction. I was playing with my retic on the couch and and yes she let rip! She pissed over me and the couch, the misses just laughed but I need to get this smell out please help???!!

Thanks Charl
From the Lord comes deliverance Psalm 3:8
burmco4
SA Reptiles Member

Re: Retic Peeeeee!

Postby Ryuu » Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:49 pm

Well Pythons do that on some occasions.. The smells Not that hard to get rid of. just take a shower i guess.. Good Luck Hope you do manage to get rid of the smell.
Ryuu
SA Reptiles Member

Postby cornell » Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:40 pm

Well if my calking's pee is anything to go by, I would consider burning the coach and your clothes...

I would HATE to experience being pee'd on by a retic, best of luck with the smell and the mental scarring this incident may have left...
cornell
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Ryuu » Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:46 pm

As far as I know King snakes have a pungent musk as a defensive mechanism
Reticulated Python's Don't have that.. Well I can be wrong..

Help other Members.. We need experience in these matters.
Ryuu
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Sico » Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:09 pm

Use pet odour shampoo for carpets. If you don't have cats you can use ammonia, but if you have cats they will then use that spot as a marking post...
Mark
Good judgment comes from experience. Unfortunately, experience usually comes from bad judgment.
Sico
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Ryuu » Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:26 pm

Use Cat litter. It masks Almost any scent, I just thought about it cause Sico mentioned cats.

Friend of mine had a problem with a smell and he used cat litter it worked for him.
Ryuu
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Burmbuddy » Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:34 pm

Retic keeping rule one: Retics piss when they are out their cage.

Rule two: Retic piss dont come out...
Psalms 144:1
Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle.
Burmbuddy
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Burmbuddy » Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:42 pm

Just get some bleach on it if you can and give it a deep clean (you might have to get a carpet cleaner in or rent one). That smell takes more than one shower to come off from you too.

Retics will piss when they are outside the cage as babies (defense mechanism) you need to just keep on handling them as if nothing happened. If they see you react to it and they get an reaction (like you putting them back in their viv) they will continue this behavior later in life as they will learn that this is how they get to go back to their viv when they get gatvol for play time.

So handle them outside for the first 10-20 min and never put them back right after they pissed or shat on you...who said this was a clean hobby...
Psalms 144:1
Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle.
Burmbuddy
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Boadicea » Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:20 pm

lol! Many pythons (you do not want to be on the wrong end of one of the local rock pythons!!!) will pee and poo in self defence but retics are famous for it - amongst retic keepers anyway! My one bali yellowhead who has never been tame and probably never will be, because he has had a bad attitude since I got him, tries tries to bite me just about every time I take him out.
When that doesn't work he'll start thrashing about wildly and I can literally feel and hear the bowels starting to work inside him under my hands - then I know I am in for it. The result is that he doesn't even get into a room with soft furnishings - ever! Fortunately he is not a very big retic - if he was a tiger or super tiger I'd have a problem. Depending on the type fabric, you might damage the couch with bleach. You do get spray foam for upholstery and carpets that might work for cleaning it but I don't know about masking the smell. There is lovely smelling carpet powder that you put on the carpet to take out smells and then vacuum it off again. You could try that on the couch. There is also a dry carpet cleaner that they usually sell in a bucket. I forget the name but it will be in the carpet cleaner section of the supermarket. It is like white crumbly stuff that is a bit damp. You rub into the carpet to deodorise and clean it. You then vacuum it up. You could try that too. Maybe you'll have to invest in the Glade air freshner company for a while. :lol: Good luck!
"You and I wear the dangerous looseness of doom and find it becoming. Life, for eternal us, is now; and now is much too busy being a little more than everything to seem anything, catastrophic included"- e e cummings
Boadicea
SA Reptiles Member

Postby burmco4 » Sun Jan 09, 2011 3:07 pm

Thanks for all replies guys, appreciate very interesting .
From the Lord comes deliverance Psalm 3:8
burmco4
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Constrictor Girl » Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:48 pm

LMAO @ burmco4!!!!!!!!!!
Whaaaahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!! *points and laughs*

My friend's daughter got a baby corn snake and was desperate to show me so i went and had a look and she took the tiny thing out and put it on her bed and it shat on her bed as well!! i laughed so hard i almost wet myself.
*touches wood* i have not been peed on or shat on to date, however if i was in this situation i would use carpet foam on the couch and use a wet/dry vacuum on it. the carpet foam will really bring the colour out in your couch so once you have cleaned the mess do the whole couch with the foam.

may the force be with you
Meg Botha
Renegade Trading
"We are only limited by your imagination"

-Never argue with an idiot, people watching might not be able to tell the difference-
Constrictor Girl
SA Reptiles Member

Postby olivierwikus » Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:25 pm

This works for me. Wash with pinegell let dry and sprinkle vinila essens on it for about 3 days
When all else fail read the instructions
olivierwikus
SA Reptiles Member

Return to Reticulated pythons (Python reticulatus)