Agh this sucks

At one stage or the other, we all deal with a death. It is never nice losing a pet and thus, you can share your loss with the rest of us and share your memories so that they will be remembered.

Agh this sucks

Postby snake kid » Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:00 pm

Man this sucks big time. My female night adder laid 9 eggs on 24th of Dec. 6 where viable 3 duds, a week ago my incubator temps started fluctuating so I decided to take the tub of the brick and let it float in the water later one of the eggs turned brown but I left it in. Well today during routine check I found my tub at the bottom of the incubator, it had sunk. Man this is so frustrating, It had holes in the sides but I checked before to make sure that the water level doesn't reach the holes. Well I put the eggs back in a new tub and hopefully they make it but I doubt it. I cut one open just out of curiosity and found one almost fully developed. Well so is life I guess and its a valuable learning curve. They where supposed to start hatching between 13th - 24th of this month.
3.1. BCI
1.0. Burmese python
1.0. Taiwanese ratsnake
2.0. Cornsnake 1 normal 1 Butter
1.2. Brown house snake
1.1. Olive house snake
1.0. Mole snake
1.1. Rhombic egg eater
1.0. Coral snake
1.1. Red lipped herald
0.1. Cape cobra
1.1. Night adder
1.1. Puff adder
1.0. boomslang
snake kid
SA Reptiles Member

Re: Agh this sucks

Postby vuduman » Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:45 pm

Whoops.Sorry to hear that man.Why did you let the tub float in the 1st place?It would'nt make any difference in the humidity.
vuduman
SA Reptiles Member

Re: Agh this sucks

Postby snake kid » Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:50 pm

No the temps where jumping around, from 24 - 32 so when I put them in the water the temp stayed at 28C.
3.1. BCI
1.0. Burmese python
1.0. Taiwanese ratsnake
2.0. Cornsnake 1 normal 1 Butter
1.2. Brown house snake
1.1. Olive house snake
1.0. Mole snake
1.1. Rhombic egg eater
1.0. Coral snake
1.1. Red lipped herald
0.1. Cape cobra
1.1. Night adder