Seshego, Polokwane

Found a snake in your garden? Need someone to remove it? Here is a list of people who put their lives at risk to save snakes, and remove them unharmed. Please do not prank them. They are there to help you.

Seshego, Polokwane

Postby Rishaad » Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:16 am

Hi

I am looking for someone available to remove problem reptiles from the Seshego, Limpopo area.

The company that I work for has a warehouse there and snakes are frequently spotted. There are numerous termite mounds on the premises as well.

I spent the last week there and snake repellent has been applied around the property and at all entry points into the building. We have broke down the largest of the termite mounds which was a difficult task as those mounds are many years old and rock solid. Seems as though the chemicals are now pushing the snakes out as another snake was killed there this morning even after my advice to refrain from doing so. Here are some pics:

If anyone is able to assist with reptile removals from this sight please pm or email me. Also include the hours you are available and the call out fee charged.
And God has Created every animal from water, of them are some creeping on their bellies, some walk on two legs, and some on four. God Creates what He wills, for sure God has Power over all things. (Noble Quran 24:45)

For Goodness Snakes
www.forgoodnesssnakes.co.za
Rishaad
SA Reptiles Member

Re: Seshego, Polokwane

Postby rolandslf » Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:19 pm

It is sad that the snakes are being killed, I hope someone responds to your query.

On a different note. What type of Lizard is that? , and, Did you unearth any snakes when breaking down the Termite Mounds?
It is better to be Pissed Off than Pissed On.
Roland Friskin
rolandslf
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Rishaad » Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:58 pm

Very sad indeed boet, and what grates me even more is that I spent the whole week there and I didn't see a single snake.

I am assuming it is a tree agama, not sure on the species though. There are plenty of them running around there.

Unfortunately we found no snakes in the mounds. Strangely enough, even though it is winter, the mounds were still a bit active and we found quite a few termites in them. The mound in the pic was almost 3 meters high before the removal of it began. I can only imagine the network of tunnels below the premises.
And God has Created every animal from water, of them are some creeping on their bellies, some walk on two legs, and some on four. God Creates what He wills, for sure God has Power over all things. (Noble Quran 24:45)

For Goodness Snakes
Rishaad
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Aaxel » Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:59 pm

rolandslf wrote:What type of Lizard is that?

looks like a southern spiny agama to me.
never argue with idiots, they will drag you down their level then beat you with experience
Aaxel
SA Reptiles Member

Postby rolandslf » Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:02 pm

Thanks for the replies
It is better to be Pissed Off than Pissed On.
Roland Friskin
rolandslf
SA Reptiles Member

Postby addonexis » Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:53 pm

Spiny agama.
I will put it in a mayonaise jar, with a stick and a leaf to recreate its natural enviroment
addonexis
SA Reptiles Member

Postby NAJA » Fri Jul 15, 2011 3:45 pm

The Agama is a Distant's Ground Agama (Agama aculeata distanti).
NAJA
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Hoss » Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:00 pm

Did it loose its tail at some point or are they like that?

ps. Did you find someone to help with the removal of the snakes?
Hoss
SA Reptiles Member

Postby jka » Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:33 pm

That is one macho dude daai!
Evolution is an imperfect and often violent process. A battle between what exists, and what is yet to be born.
jka
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Rishaad » Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:19 pm

@Hoss - They are not like that, he did lose his tail at some point. Unfortunately I have not found anyone to do callouts at the site as yet.

@jka - Are you referring to the guy breaking the termite mound?

For Goodness Snakes
Rishaad
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Bushbaby » Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:14 pm

Have you suggested having someone train one or two staff members to do the reptile removals?
http://www.snakebiteassist.co.za
http://www.reptileexpo.co.za
http://www.boaconstrictors.co.za
Bushbaby
SA Reptiles Admin

Postby Estiaan Niemand » Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:36 am

Good day, I'm responding on the request for safe removal of snakes and reptiles in the Polokwane, Seshego and surrounding areas. I will be available in the Polokwane area as from the 30th September 2014. Please feel free to contact me for more information.

Estiaan Niemand
0606773584 / 0829251350
estiaanniemand@gmail.com
Estiaan Niemand
SA Reptiles Member

Postby dasie » Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:11 pm

Helo, This is my first post on the forum in a while and i just came upon this post. I will be able to assist in reptile removals in that area. 0815281319 Gideon
dream as you will live forever
live like you will die today
dasie
SA Reptiles Member

Return to Problem Reptile Removals