Has anybody seen this product?

Anything other than a reptile or any other category covered on this forum.

Has anybody seen this product?

Postby Bernice » Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:28 am

Greetings all!

I have 2 canaries, and one of them has a nasty case of air sack or tracheal mites... the product I have been advised to get is called Scatt, it is a preparation of Moxydectin, and is manufactured by Vetafarm, or alternatively I can get a product called S76, or Iverlux, all for the treatment of mites on small birds...

My conundrum is that most people I ask, just look at me like Ive asked them to smell the colour 9...

Has anyone here seen / know of / know were to get these products?

Kind regards!
Happiness is a fat mouse and a warm rock!

Dont fly! 4X4! The noble eagle may soar! but a weasel wont get sucked into a jet intake valve...

Some people are like a slinky spring, they make you smile when you push them down a flight of stairs!
Bernice
SA Reptiles Member

Re: Has anybody seen this product?

Postby Bushviper » Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:40 pm

This sounds like a derivative of Ivermec or dectomax. This is used to treat cattle etc for internal parasites as well as lice and mange mites. You would have to chat to one of the proper bird farms as they will know how to use it.
It is easier to ask for forgiveness than permission.

Those who are afraid to ask are ashamed of learning.
Bushviper
Founder Member

Postby happy fish » Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:57 pm

Go to a pigeon shop & ask for moxydectin or ask for a dewormer called moxydectin. I bought for my pigeons & used it on my gouldian finches for a preventative for air sac mites. Their is a pigeon product from kithenbrand as a dewormer. It has moxydectin in it.
happy fish
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Bernice » Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:18 pm

Thanks a ton!
Happiness is a fat mouse and a warm rock!

Dont fly! 4X4! The noble eagle may soar! but a weasel wont get sucked into a jet intake valve...

Some people are like a slinky spring, they make you smile when you push them down a flight of stairs!
Bernice
SA Reptiles Member

Return to Other Pets