Cape Town man dies from cobra bite

This section will help you get first aid treatment protocols incase of an envenomation. This includes indigenous and exotic reptiles. Please do not use this forum for photo sharing, etc.

Re: Cape Town man dies from cobra bite

Postby TonyK » Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:00 pm

Shaun wrote: I then leaked the story to the media.

Shaun are you saying that there was an effort to cover-up the story?What do you mean by the above statement?
TonyK
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Loslappie » Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:32 am

I e mailed the reporter, and She said the info she had, was given to her. but she made it clear that she thinks the hospital acted appropriately, even though she couldnt say how he was treated.
Apparently he was in a drugged state when he got bitten (and Im not speculating that he handled the snake intentionally) and the day clinic he went to gave him some meds that created some bad reaction, then he was transferred to Tygerberg, where they still didnt know what they were treating him for. Untill relatives or friends pitched up at the hosp with the snake, by which time it was too late.

TonyK my first question was why did they not ventilate him, if any person rocks up at a trauma unit and he has difficulty breathing, thats the first thing they should do. and thats only in my opnion as a level 3 first Aider, irrespective what the circumstances..
If it hasnt yet, it will!
Loslappie
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Shaun » Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:45 pm

Yes TonyK the story was going to be covered up. The victim was given medication to relax his muscles because his hand was swelling and painful to the touch. Someone relized that the victim was suffering from a toxic intake of some kind. His room was searched were a jnr Cape Cobra was found in his bed. The mattress was on the floor.
Rumors are carried by haters, spread by fools and accepted by idiots.
Shaun
SA Reptiles Member

Previous

Return to Venom Club